Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A few more new offerings...........




 
Here are a few more new offerings!  I have really been having a lot of fun with finally implementing ideas and putting to use some great finds that I have had for some time.  The grain scoop Santa that I showed earlier this week is a perfect example!  I picked up that scoop a couple of years ago on an antiquing outing with my mom and sister.  Had in mind just how I wanted to use it, but had just not gotten to it.  The "Vermont Santa" above is another example.  One day while visiting the Cold Hollow Cider Mill and Cabot Cheese Annex in Waterbury, Vermont this fall, I was struck by the number of tourists!  It got me to thinking about how special Vermont must be to outsiders.  The things we take for granted, like our beautiful scenery, a nice hot cup of cider or a block of extra sharp cheddar were obviously special to those who do not have easy access everyday.  So as my  mind often does, it veered and I was thinking about how to conjure up Vermont in a Santa.  Thus, the cow coat Santa came to mind!  I really love him.  I have another idea in the works for a Fall Foliage Santa so stay tuned.
 
The Santa below is really special!  Again, I had found this bike somewhere in my travels and it had been just waiting to be used with a Santa.  It is a very old fashioned looking tricycle.  Santa is sitting atop it holding a sack filled with presents and candy canes.  He is quite large and will make a perfect table centerpiece during the holidays.
 
 
 
All of these Santa's will be available for preview at this weekends Super Bowl Sale at the East Barre Antique Mall.  After the weekend, any remaining will be listed for sale in an Etsy store (yet to be opened Etsy store I should confess!) 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment