Saturday, March 16, 2013

 
Hard to believe it is already March 16th!  This is going to sound strange, but while winter seems to go long and ever so slowly, I cannot believe how quickly the weeks fly by!  Since my last post, we have been very busy with some fun, hard work and a milestone.  First the milestone.
 
Happy Birthday Mitchell & Katie!
 
Our two oldest celebrated their birthday on March 3rd.  They are not twins, but share the same birthday!  Katie was born on March 3rd, 1990 and Mitch on March 3rd, 1993.  This must be rare and special as I have not encountered another family with a similar circumstance.  You might imagine that sharing a birthday with a sibling could cause some problems......but not with Katie and Mitch.  They have always thoroughly enjoyed sharing the special day.  Now being 20 and 23 they are of course still celebrating, but from afar and apart.  Mitchell is in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina going to school.  We were able to "FaceTime", but it just wasn't the same.  It made me long for the days of old, I really miss those smiling kids and being all together! 
 
 Next, the hard work.
 
Finally got the promised Rug Hooking Snippet Holders to my sister for her website at The Old Tattered Flag.  I was quite pleased with the way they turned out and have ideas for several more.  They also have me wondering why I have not made a Santa on a sheep?  Stay tuned......
 

 
Also finally finished the family room! 
 

Family Room
 
I can only show you half as I can't get Troy off the couch.  We are really happy with the way the room has shaped up after weeks of painting and laying flooring.  We are especially happy to again be walking upright with no aches and pains. Laying floor is hard on the knees and back!  Anyway it is really nice to have everything back together, and mostly done.
 
And lastly the fun.....the Bunnies!
Think Spring!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment