Monday, July 29, 2013

Halloween Home Stretch

    coming to a website near you tomorrow!

     I have been saying for weeks now.....I have to stop Halloween creating and start on Christmas!  Well it is really time.  I have had such a good time with all of the different pumpkins and creepy characters, but now its time to settle into making some Santa's and snowmen.  Seems strange to be thinking Christmas thoughts in July, but I am really looking forward to it!  Got my yearly dose of inspiration a couple of weeks ago at the Chelsea Flea Market.  If you are not a Vermonter or familiar with the Chelsea Flea Market it is a much loved yearly tradition.  Chelsea is the quintessential Vermont town.  The drive for us, is on a beautiful road thru rolling farm land dotted with cows, horses and gorgeous old barns and farmhouses.  You might want to leave early if ever heading to Chelsea, not only for the garage sales along the way, but because you will likely end up behind an old John Deere tractor pulling a hay wagon or haying machinery.  When you get to town, you will be greeted by more beautiful homes, big old bricks, lovely huge federal and Greek revival styled all in various stages of maturity.  Most are adorned with lovely porches and backyard gardens.  The flea market itself is held on the two quaint town commons.  I am guessing upwards of 80 vendors gather first thing in the morning on the second Saturday of July to display their wares.  You will of course see lovely antiques, odds and ends, a few craft vendors, the quilt raffle, lots of treasures, some neighbors and a few friends.  While you shop and wander, the smell of the annual chicken bbq hosted by the towns fire department wafts thru the air.  I meant to bring my camera this year to take some photos to share on the blog, but in my haste forgot to grab it.  Next year!  Anyway, back to how it inspires me to get going on Christmas creating......I always find the best things to use for Santa's.  This year I scored two amazing wicker and iron table top sleighs, a rocking horse, awesome wagon, a couple of grain scoops, a pull cart base with metal wheels and a really great architectural piece and for the backyard, two nice Adirondack chairs!  I think Bill made 4 trips to the truck and I made one.  Chelsea never disappoints! 

Huge table topper finial stemmed pumpkins!
All one of a kinds

     So now that I feel sufficiently done with the Halloween creating, it is time to think about where and how to sell them.  My sister (biggest supporter, prodder, promoter and occasional nag) has generously offered me a button on her website to sell from.  Tonight, she will give me a crash course on how to list so hopefully by tomorrow they will be available.  Additionally, I plan to list throughout the week on my Etsy store.  For anyone local, you can always give me a call or drop me an email for your own private preview.  I have also recently been accepted as a vendor for the Danville Autumn on the Green show in October and as a fill in vendor in September and October at the Waitsfield Farmers Market. 




In a couple of weeks I will also host a giveaway!  If you have like my Facebook page at Folk For All Seasons, are a follower of this blog, send me a message or comment I will enter you to win a free pumpkin creation.  More to details come so keep checking back!  All of my pumpkins and characters have been hand shaped from paper mache.  I do not use molds.  After shaping they have been embellished with paper clay enhancements or expressions.  Many of the pumpkins have antique finials for stems!  I then hand paint, and add an antiquing glaze.  All guaranteed one of a kinds! 
Here are a few more sample photos of Halloween fun!
If you see anything that interests you, write me at LBKMT@hotmail.com for more details.


 
 














 


No comments:

Post a Comment